A career with ORA is a rail career with a difference! With a focus on workplace safety, we foster a team culture that supports safety, development and wellbeing.
Full Time Position
Excellent Working Conditions
One Rail Australia (ORA) is one of Australia’s leading rail-based logistics partners, delivering value through customer service, operational excellence and innovation. Our number one priority is to deliver for our customers safely – when and where they need it. We operate in South Australia, the Northern Territory which includes the Tarcoola-to-Darwin rail line, Queensland and New South Wales, including the Hunter Valley. We provide tailored solutions across a diversified commodity mix of minerals and agriculture.
About the Role:
As a Terminal Operator you will be responsible for coordinating, planning, loading and unloading trains within terminals and sidings, in accordance with safe-working and operational procedures. You will also be responsible for processing freight, operational documentation, and ensuring the health, safety and welfare of yourself and others within the workplace.
· Operating Forklifts and Reach Stackers to perform operational duties as required for container movements and train loading / unloading. Use of terminal equipment such as scissor lifts and operation of the loading ramp
· Participating in yard inspections, ensuring load security is maintained and providing locomotive operational assistance for train movements
· Forward planning of terminal service requirements for scheduled trains including conducting basic marshalling activities
· Performing train and equipment inspections upon arrival and departure of services to ensure all road and rail transit documentation has been completed and received
· Updating of the Transport Management System and the processing of customer trucks through the gate as required
· Induction of customers and contractors at the terminal
You will be working and liaising in a collaborative team environment sharing innovative ideas to improve the availability of adequate resources to cover operational requirements.
Ideally experience within a fast paced, customer focused environment
Demonstrated experience working within policies and procedures
A proactive attitude and willingness to learn about ORA and its operations
Great communication and teamwork skills
Mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills
High attention to detail and ability to maintain safety and quality documentation
Reach Stacker and Forklift licence is preferred but training is available if required
Ability to relieve at other ORA terminals for periods of time as required
The successful applicant will be provided with the appropriate level of training. As part of ORA’s recruitment and selection process, short listed applicants may be required to undertake recruitment testing and successfully pass a pre-employment health assessment.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter as a single Word document via the “Apply” button by close of business 16th of November 2020.
One Rail Australia Pty Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a zero tolerance to drugs and alcohol in the workplace.