OPERATIONS SPECIALIST - EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
SEEKING INTERNAL APPLICATIONS ONLY
One Rail Australia is one of Australia’s leading rail-based logistics partners, delivering value through customer service, operational excellence and innovation. Our number one priority is to deliver for our customers safely – when and where they need it. We operate in South Australia, the Northern Territory which includes the Tarcoola-to-Darwin rail line, Queensland and New South Wales, including the Hunter Valley. We provide tailored solutions across a diversified commodity mix of minerals and agriculture.
ABOUT THE ROLE
ORA are seeking expressions of interest to fill two Operations specialists roles based in Whyalla and Port Augusta, due to the requirement of forward planning to prepare for the future of the Whyalla and Port Augusta depots. These roles are pivotal for maintaining the success of our Operations Team, so we are hoping to attract applications from those who believe they have the skillset to fulfill the requirements of this role. As a Operations Specialist, you will be required to perform train driving duties, conduct training and assessments, mentor rail operations staff and conduct audits. This role has a great deal of autonomy and will be well suited to someone who enjoys planning and prioritising their own day. Safety is ORA’s number one priority and we are seeking candidates that want to contribute to our already strong safety culture. The Operations Specialist is also responsible for continual improvement activities including identifying and implementing initiatives to deliver safe, cost effective rail services that meet all of ORA’s customer expectations.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Operate locomotives and trains in a safe and efficient manner, adhering to all safe working regulations and requirements for upholding Rail Safety Workers (RSW) accreditation.
- Delivery of training and assessment requirements to ensure all RSW have up to date training and competencies.
- Conduct a range of operational audits, safety observations and other monitoring of operations.
- Provide immediate incident management.
- Develop procedures, safe working practices and other operational documents as required.
- Undertaking continual improvement activities including identifying, implementing and monitoring operational initiatives.
- Promote optimum driving methodologies, including regular review of data logger downloads.
- Establish and maintain effective and timely working relationships with internal/external stakeholders to ensure day-to-day requirements/expectations are met and continual improvements are achieved within the area of control.
- Other duties including work which is incidental and peripheral to the main task.
To be successful in this role, you will be a self-starter who demonstrates great initiative, excellent time management and organisational skills, strong attention to detail and a flexible can-do attitude.
- Implementing, leading by example, improving and maintaining a safety-based culture.
- Operation of train braking systems (Pneumatic or ECP)
- Proven train and/or terminal operations experience
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Medium level of written and verbal communication skills
- Coaching, training, mentoring and assessing of staff.
- Monitoring performance of operations and identifying opportunities for improvements
- Continual improvement activities in a rail operations environment
- Ability to utilise problem solving skills in the workplace
- Self-management skills with flexibility and commitment to work in a 24/7 shift work environment
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the rail industry in the capacity of a qualified Locomotive Driver (Desirable)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a qualified workplace trainer and assessor (Desirable)
- Qualified Train Driver (Cert IV in Rail Operations), working towards one, or prepared to attain.
- Safe working Rules applicable to the Network.
- Training and Assessor qualifications (Cert IV), working towards one or prepared to attain.
- Open motor vehicle Drivers licence
- Frontline Management – internal course (or prepared to attain).
- Internal auditor qualification (or prepared to attain).
- Alcohol and Drug tester qualification (or prepared to attain).
- Data logger downloads and analysis (Where required)
- Fatigue Management for supervisors (or prepared to attain).
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR INTEREST
Please email your 'Expressions of Interest' to either Les Promnitz (Depot Coordinator) via [email protected], or Tony Worby (Operations Manager) via [email protected]
All internal expressions of interest will need to be submitted by 17 July 2020. You will be provided with an update regarding your submission in due time.
Please be reminded, the purpose of this advertisement is to generate ‘expressions of interest’ only.
One Rail Australia Pty Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer.