One Rail Australia (ORA) is one of Australia’s leading rail-based logistics partners, delivering value through customer service, operational excellence and innovation.
Our number one priority is to deliver for our customers safely – when and where they need it.
We operate in South Australia, the Northern Territory which includes the Tarcoola-to-Darwin rail line, Queensland and New South Wales, including the Hunter Valley. We provide tailored solutions across a diversified commodity mix of minerals and agriculture.
About the Role
Reporting to the Planning Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating real time operations to deliver the live run plan through effective management of rollingstock and crewing resources.
This role will promote a strong safety and service focus and provide support with respect to compliance of company policies, procedures, safeworking responsibilities, code of ethics and conduct as well as provide a timely interface with ORA customers, suppliers and contractors.
Key to your success will be your ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment whilst providing solution based problem solving to our internal and external stakeholders, including:
- Working to ensure the continuity of rail haulage services to ORA customer's through effective management of resources
- Coordinate all shift operating staff
- Monitor train crew and rolling stock performance in relation to best operational outcomes
- Efficient coordination of incident recovery
- Maintain operational information and reporting tools
- Preparation of shift handovers, operational and incident reports
This role will be working a rotating 24/7 roster.
Ideally, you will have demonstrated experience in a supply chain, logistics, or operational environment and will possess a positive, can-do attitude and be able to plan and manage workload requirements within a timely manner. You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proactive approach to work
- Collaborative interpersonal style
- Leadership in attitude and compliance towards safety
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and strong problem solving skills
- Flexible approach to work including a willingness to embrace change positively and to take an active part in the change process
As part of ORA’s recruitment and selection process, short listed applicants will be required to provide a recent national criminal history check and successfully complete a Category 3 pre-employment health assessment.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter as a single document
via the “Apply” button.
One Rail Australia Pty Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a zero tolerance to drugs and alcohol in the workplace.