ORA are offering:
* Casual roles based at Newcastle
* Excellent Remuneration
*Extensive Training & Support
One Rail Australia (ORA) is one of Australia’s leading rail-based logistics partners, delivering value through customer service, operational excellence and innovation. One Rail’s number one priority is to deliver for their customers safely – when and where they need it. They operate in South Australia, the Northern Territory which includes the Tarcoola-to-Darwin rail line, Queensland and New South Wales, including the Hunter Valley. One Rail provide tailored solutions across a diversified commodity mix of minerals and agriculture.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently seeking casual Level 4 Driver applications to fill several casual vacancies to join our team based at Newcastle as soon as possible. The core purpose of the role is to operate locomotives and provide operational support to ensure the safe and efficient working of freight trains.
- Operate locomotives in a safe and efficient manner
- Carry out shunting at yards, depots and sidings and carry out the examination of trains, including the conducting of brake and continuity tests
- Carry out preparation, stabling, turning and assembling of locomotives
- Carry out minor running repairs and card vehicles for attention and carry out trip servicing of locomotives and railcars
- Carry out roll-by inspections and pilot locomotives, railcars and trains as required
- Correct and reset minor on-road faults and diagnose and liaise with specialist staff for major on-road faults and failures
- Prepare reports in relation to locomotive/vehicle/wagon defects, accidents, incidents and irregularities
- Operate, in accordance with correct procedures, all communications equipment and prepare documentation associated with the operation of the train
- Drive motor vehicles
You will be part of the train crew servicing our Hunter Valley coal operations. You will work on highly technologically advanced locomotives and rollingstock, and will play a key role in the ongoing success of the operation.
This is a 24/7 operation, therefore you must be available to work various shifts on weekdays, weekends and public holidays.
To be successful you must possess:
- Locomotive Driver qualifications
- Recent practical experience working on diesel locomotives
- knowledge of safe-working procedures in a railway environment
- A current unrestricted motor vehicle drivers licence
- A strong commitment to following rules and operating safely
- A flexible can-do attitude with a strong work ethic
- A willingness to be part of a team
- A positive outlook and enthusiastic attitude
- A high level of concentration
- Current NSW Safeworking qualification (desirable)
- Qualification in Train Orders for the network (desirable)
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the required expectations and seeking casual work, please hit the 'Apply' button now. Please have your cover letter and resume prepared as one document to attach.
If you are successful with progressing through the recruitment stage, you will be required to provide Qualified Driving modules which make up a Certificate 4 in Rail Operations, complete a National Criminal Police Check and pass a Category 1 medical assessment, along with providing all the required qualifications.
If this role sounds of interest to you, please apply now!
Applications Close Soon!
One Rail Australia Pty Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and has a zero tolerance to drugs and alcohol in the workplace.