ORA are offering:
* Multiple Permanent positions
*Training & Development Provided
One Rail Australia (ORA) is one of Australia’s leading rail-based logistics partners, delivering value through customer service, operational excellence and innovation. Our number one priority is to deliver for our customers safely – when and where they need it. We operate in South Australia, the Northern Territory which includes the Tarcoola-to-Darwin rail line, Queensland and New South Wales, including the Hunter Valley. We provide tailored solutions across a diversified commodity mix of minerals and agriculture.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
One Rail Australia are seeking committed and team orientated permanent Qualified Locomotive Drivers (Level 4’s) to join our Newcastle team, commencing in early to mid November.. The core purpose of the role is to operate locomotives and provide operational support to ensure safe and efficient operations that meet all ORA customer expectations.
This role will be suited to individuals who are able to display superior teamwork skills, flexibility, a high level of safety awareness and customer service. You will be part of the train crew servicing our Hunter Valley operations and will work on highly technologically advanced locomotives e.g. equipped with ECP. You will play a key role in the start-up and ongoing success of the operation. This is a 24/7 operation; therefore you must be willing to undertake shift work, work on weekends and public holidays as part of a 24/7 roster.
- Operating locomotives in a safe and efficient manner.
- Carrying out other operational tasks safely and efficiently e.g. shunting and roll-by inspections
- Correcting and re-setting minor on-track faults and also diagnosing and liaising with specialist staff for major on-track faults and failures.
- Operating, in accordance with correct procedures, all communications equipment and prepare documentation associated with the operation of the train.
SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES AND QUALIFICATIONS
To be successful you must possess/have experience in:
- Being a Qualified Locomotive Driver
- Recent practical train driving experience
- A current unrestricted motor vehicle drivers licence;
- A strong commitment to following rules and operating safely;
- A flexible can-do attitude with a strong work ethic;
- A willingness to be part of a team.
- A positive outlook and enthusiastic attitude;
- A high level of concentration
- Current Safeworking qualification applicable to the NSW Coal Network (desirable);
- Route competencies applicable to NSW Coal Network (desirable)
OUR EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
- Safety Performance Rewards
- Employee access to EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Access to our Employee Engagement Website
HOW TO APPLY
Please attach a copy of your Resume to your application. Also, please complete the requested work history & education information on the application page as well as include your certificates in Rail Operations in the education section.
If you are successful in progressing through the recruitment process, you will be expected to complete a Criminal History Police Check as well as complete and pass a Category 1 rail medical.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 30 OCTOBER 2020
If you have a great rail safety record and would like to work for a progressive and innovative rail operator, we would love to hear from you.
One Rail Australia Pty Ltd is an Equal Opportunity Employer